Dec. 3, 2019
What Is Target Marketing?
Target marketing is like advertising but more concentrated. In order to target market you must first know who you want to target. In this case we are talking about a home or your home. For example, lets say that your home is located in a golf community with a championship golf course with a big name golf architect like Arthur Hills or Pete Dye or Greg Norman. Your home is valued between 500k & 600k.
1. First identify who is the most likely type of people who would buy a home in your community. Think about who your neighbors are where they come from and how old are they. If they work where do they work. Are your neighbors retired,families,executives, etc.
Let's for this example say that they are mostly retired 65 plus years old and come from the midwest,northeast and Canada. this is not their primary home.
2. We now have a target market and general idea of who may be the next owner of your home. The target market would be:
A. Male & Female
B. 65+ Years Old
C. Come From The Northeast US or Midwest,Canada
D. Visited or Interested In Naples Florida
E. Interested in Retirement Planning or They Are Retired
F. Interested in Real Estate or Second Home
3. Target Audience
We have determined a target audience now its time to target market to the target audience. The world has changed and in every part of the modern day life we can see technology making differences in the lives of people. Who can ignore the impact of Social Media such as Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn,Tumblr,Pinterest,Instagram. For For Sale By Owners, and people looking to sell your home on your own we are going to address one platform and that is Facebook. You can do this on your own, I am writing this blog because I know this to be true. Facebook has about 2 Billion users worldwide and it is the platform that is easiest to connect to your target audience. Marketing to a target audience is not hard yet only one half of one percent of realtors or real estate professional use this technique.
Things You Will Need!
1. Pictures of your home
2. Create an Descriptive Ad using your pictures, luxury home overlooking the golf course etc. Or maybe take a picture of your home looking out from the breakfast nook you might say imagine watching the golfers play this amazing championship course designed by Pete Dye. You will need highlight what made you buy the home and what you love about the home.
3. Facebook Ad Interface: Once you've laid out what you would like to say about your home you can then logon to Facebook. You will need to create a page you can advertise from or a business page it is very easy to do and can be done in a few steps. You will need to give Facebook a credit card, but this is the most inexpensive way to advertise your home to the masses of people who are most likely to buy your home.
4. Place your ad: When you start your ad process you will be able to pick all the available demographics that we have determined to be in your target audience. You should do a test and should not spend more than $100.00 to start. You can spend as little as $20.00
I would like to show you an example of a target marketing campaign we ran last year. This home below was on the market for 10 months listed for sale by a realtor we call Joey the family man who advertises his real estate business on tv. The home was priced perfectly so what was the problem. The problem is this realtor did not market this home he marketed himself and his services. We were referred by someone who used us and knew how we used target marketing to get the home in front of the most likely potential buyers. We got the listing and we knew it was priced right it just was not being marketed properly. We got better pictures for the home and then we determined the proper target audience and marketed accordingly. We sold this home for the asking price in 21 days from the time we got it.
If you have any questions about target marketing or selling your home, I welcome your call and will honestly give you my opinion of your neighborhood and local market. We are on your side and will help you anyway we can. We fight hard for our customers and help save and protect their hard earned equity. We work on referrals and the only way you can get referrals is by doing a great job, going above and beyond. Please check out our testimonials on zillow,or on our amazingnapleshomes.com page. Target marketing gets easy the more you do it, it also allows us to collect a large number of potential buyers. If you need any help or should the time come when you may consider using a realtor please know we will not let you down. We will work hard to get your testimonials and referal and we will target market your home like a true professional marketer.
Premier Sotheby's International Realty